Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Book by Yours Truly

Just a sliver of the mountain of evolutionary literature.
I can't help but feel a sense of serendipity about the course of my life as of lateEverything seems to have aligned in just the right way. I've been given the chance to become a part of something bigger than myself, something with the potential to really help others, and, hence, something rife with purpose and meaning. I am, of course, referring to my book about the growing movement called ancestral health.

Years ago, I stumbled on this idea that evolution had answers for societal problems. It enveloped me. Little did I know at the time that the rabbit hole went deep, but I nevertheless scoured the topic voraciously. I read everything I could, interpreted every idea, and talked to anyone who would listen. For years I did this.

Then I reached a tipping point. I had put in my 10,000 hours, so to speak, and I felt hungry for more. I was ready to take the next step, to 'go pro', as they say. Luckily, my passion aligned neatly with circumstances that enabled me to write the book and become a bona fide entrepreneur.

When I discovered ancestral health, it had no name. It was just a sloppy idea thrown around with words like 'paleo'. But I latched on, framing the ideas within evolutionary theory. I learned about diet, then exercise, then sleep, and there is where the road began to fade and split. Ancestral health still had so far to go, but the rest of the way had yet to be paved. There was still important work to be done in educating others and expanding the lens of evolution. I realized that I just might be the man for the job.

This is what drove me to write the book. I wanted to unite the ideas before me and expand them into a cohesive format to present to people. I wanted something that someone could pick up and go, "Wow, evolution makes sense of everything." I wanted a strong brand free from the caveman gimmicks. I wanted to wrap everything up in a neat little bow and give it to the world. So that's my challenge, my dutiful project, what will be my greatest achievement. I just hope you like it.